There is a newer version: noForth C,V
16 bit forth
Albert Nijhof & Willem Ouwerkerk
1210 \ for MSP430G2553 on Launchpad
1210R \ for MSP430FR5739 on 'starterkit'
- noForth is written 'from scratch'
- Free FlashROM: ca. 8kB
- Free RAM:
- ca. hex 100 bytes for noForth 1210
- ca. hex 300 bytes for noForth 1210R
- With decompiler
- Assembler and disassembler available as source
- Also an external assembler aux430ass.f (in Win32forth)
- Quick FIND (eight threads)
- Missing core words are available as source
- INSIDE words accessable through an extra thread
- How to make a turnkey system?
' APPLICATION TO APP FREEZE
(Put the application token in the value APP and type FREEZE)
- Execution of the APP vector can be bypassed with switch 'S2'
- KEY, KEY? and EMIT are vectored
- Forget-functions (MARKER and SHIELD) do not spill Flash memory
- Regulable prompt, for extra information
- VALUE with prefixes TO +TO and INCR
- When an error occurs while loading a file, the rest of the file is ignored
- CATCH and THROW
- noForth uses floored division
compiles in FlashROM, some
words unavoidably don't behave as the standard prescribes.
We tried, without restricting the programming freedom, to minimize
the aberrations from the standard.
files in a zip
||ROM and RAM in noForth
||Intel-hex files for noForth 1210 and 1210R
||code of the words on top of NOFORTH
||standard words that can be loaded
||source code of noForth
noForth and Beethoven on MSP430 Launchpad
Forth-Tagung in Garmisch Partenkirchen, april 2013
How to get noForth1210 in the Launchpad?
How to get noForth 1210R in the MSP430FR5739 Experimenter's board?
If things don't work
- Close everything and disconnect the USB, wait a moment, connect
and start the software again.
- If you use different boards, you have to select the COM-port.
Museum: Link to previous version, noForth 1208