Tuesday, June 24, 2003
- Received a request from Leif Ericson:
When you're controlling the Jog-shuttle in the cutter with the keyboard using the
arrow and page up/down-keys, there's no way to put the dial back to "0" quickly.
Pressing the "0" button on the numeric keypad will do this for you now.
It looks like MP3Cutter does run well on NT based systems (thus also XP) ;-)
Sunday, February 16, 2003
- I've taken another look at the MP3Cutter 4 code and rewrote some parts of the playback engine
of the cutter and it now seems to work on the NT kernel.
The playback engine is now placed in the same thread as MP3Cutter itself, that's why the priority
option in the preferences is greyed out, and after some testing on my Windows 2000 Server it
looks like everything works fine on the NT kernel.
I don't have (or even want) Windows XP, so I'm not able to test it, but since XP uses the same
kernel I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work on it.
So please, XP users, check it out and test it for me!
As a result of this modification, the cutter doesn't play back as smooth anymore
and may even contain new bugs, but on my system it all looks good.
Thanks to Lutz, I've fixed a bug in the "Use disk for temporary data"-option.
Added an "Auto-cut" feature because of the large number of requests.
I don't know when version 5 will be ready for a first release, sorry, but I'm currently
(kind of) working on it, so be patient...
Thursday, July 4, 2002
- After numerous e-mail it looks like MP3Cutter 4 doesn't run on NT based Operating Systems.
This includes Windows 2000 and Windows XP (which work on the Win NT core).
Because the problems are so diverse and on various functions in MP3Cutter and I don't have
the ability to check it out myself I'm not able to re-write the offending code.
For users having problems using MP3Cutter I suggest to take a look at similar MP3 cutting utility
called mp3Trim or mail its author Jean.
I'm planning on doing a new version (MP3Cutter 5?), but I will not be in the near
future I'm afraid; I don't have much spare time left.
If you have some ideas you might want to see in that version, please tell me.
Also, some drawing or description of how the program will look like might be nice.
Monday, April 22, 2002
- Fixed a little cosmetic bug in WaveMP3.
See "Other Projects"-page for more.
Saturday, April 13, 2002
- Updated WaveMP3 on the "Other Projects"-page
WaveMP3 2.1 now also supports Layer I & II files.
Sunday, March 17, 2002
- It's getting boring... again no updates on MP3Cutter.
Added some projects to the "Other Projects"-page
Thursday, February 28, 2002
- Sorry, no updates on MP3Cutter, only made a new version available
of the old time favorite "WaveMP3" (version 2 build 262)
Sunday, January 20, 2002 (Build 511)
- Bug fixed:
- The Cutter window wasn't sized correctly on systems
with "Odd" font settings (thanks to John Blackwood).
- Currently working on:
- "AutoCutter" function because of the large amount
Thursday, January 3, 2002 (Build 507)
- Bugs fixed:
- MP3Cutter used 100% CPU time (sorry...).
- Didn't use a packer (FYI: UPX) anymore, hope this solves some problems.
- Debug-window because of problems on some systems.
- Associations for the MP3, M3U and WAV file-extensions because
of strange problems on some system (stolen associations).
- Known bugs:
- MP3Cutter 4 doesn't seem to run on NT based systems...
(Win2K, XP, etc.) haven't found out why yet, sorry.
Saturday, November 17, 2001 (Build 502)
- Bugs fixed:
- Forms were not shown as a child and could be moved outside the main-program
Their styles were incorrectly set.
- Temporary indexfiles were not deleted at program destruction.
- MP3Cutter wasn't able to correctly retrieve update information from
the web-site through the cjb.net re-director.
If you have the older 467 release, you'll need to delete the registry-
Or you can simply execute this registry-patch.
- New bugs:
- Due to the "incorrect formstyles" bug-fix, at start-up all forms are shown
even when they've been hidden in a previous run of MP3Cutter.
- Bin-files and cues can be dragged to the cutter.
- ETA label in caption area when files are scanned and exported.
- Only one instance of MP3Cutter may run at a time.
Thursday, November 8, 2001 (Build 467)
- First official beta release of MP3Cutter 4.
This page has been KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) enhanced
Missing the frames? Press here !